We are pleased to announce our International Foundation Programme (IFP) has undergone a major makeover and now provides students with even more study progression options.
What is an IFP?
Our International Foundation Programme aims to gradually prepare international students for undergraduate study in the UK. It helps to develop English language skills in an academic context as well as to expand knowledge in the subject area of choice.
The programme is also a great opportunity to be introduced into living in the UK and help students integrate into their new home. Our Pathway College is part of the main campus in Roehampton, surrounded by 54 acres of parkland, lakes and woodland and only 30 minutes by train from Central London.
Starting in October 2020, the IFP will now open routes to many undergraduate degrees in Business, Science and Humanities at Roehampton. There will be 2 or 3 term options available, with the 3 terms including an additional term of English to help students to perfect their language skills.
There are no pathways as such – depending on your chosen progression degree, you will have to study two option modules. For example:
- If you wish to progress onto a business or law course you will study Business Innovation & Humanities and Social Science in Action modules;
- If your progression degree is in anthropology or nutrition, your option modules will be Life Science in Action & Scientific Thinking.
- If you wish to study a psychology undergraduate degree, you will study Scientific Thinking & Humanities in Social Science
For more information about specific progression degrees requirements please refer to the course page.
What are the course start dates and entry requirements?
Our new IFP has 2 intakes – October start for the 3 term programme, and October and January for the 2 term programme – giving you more flexibility to start studying when best suits you.
All students will need 5 GCSE/iGCSE passes at A-C, or equivalent to enter the programme, then depending on IELTS level, will enter the a 3 or 2 term programme:
- IELTS 4.5 (with no single element below 4.0) will study the 3 term programme
- IELTS 5.0 (with no single element below 4.5) will study the 2 term programme
For more information, please visit the International Foundation Programme course page.