We welcome students from across the world at the University of Roehampton Centres. Whether you join us on a course in Birmingham, London or Manchester we aim to ensure you get the most from your studies and are here to help you along your journey.
When you’re not doing so great, one of the most powerful steps you can take is really rather simple: talk about it. Sometimes that can feel easier said than done – we feel like we’re burdening someone else with our problems, and we don’t want to come across as needy or like we don’t have our lives on track.
But here’s a reality check – your friends and family care about you! Put yourself in their shoes. How would you feel if you found out that a loved one had been going through a tough time, but hadn’t reached out for help?
Don’t forget, like any big challenge, you will get through this – future you is older and wiser and waiting for you on the other side – it may just take a couple of attempts to reach them. In addition to family and friends, there are also many external support services available, this includes our own Welfare support team.
To help support you, we have put together some helpful guides and resources, shown in the drop-down sections below.
We have a range of support teams here to assist you from first year, right through to graduation.
The current conflict unfolding in Ukraine is something we are monitoring closely. We are saddened to see the horrific events occurring and will do everything we can to support all our students, staff, and wider communities.
Please know that whatever your nationality, you are not alone. We are here to support you in any way we can, particularly those who are from and have family and friends in Ukraine, Russia, and the surrounding regions. More than ever, this a time for unity and mutual support and not one to spread division or hate. We are stronger if we face this crisis together.
During this crisis it is critical we all stay informed and look for unbiased and factual information from reputable sources. We understand the news coverage and saturation of the events unfolding are horrific, so please take time to switch off and recharge away from the news. Please be kind and respect the different ways this crisis will be impacting everyone.
Support for students
Some students may find it difficult to focus on their studies at this time. Anyone struggling with academic work should first talk to their tutor, who will be able to offer support and advice.
Additionally, you may wish to seek study support from our ACE team.
Mental health and Wellbeing support
Students can contact the Welfare team for support with their mental health and wellbeing, either on their own behalf or if they are worried about another student.
Students suffering financial hardship as a direct result of the crisis in Ukraine should apply to the hardship fund through the Welfare team.
The Welfare team can be contacted in a number of ways:
On campus: In Birmingham and London – Rosebery Avenue campuses
Monday – Thursday 9am-7.30pm
Student Relations Newsletter
Please keep checking your emails for our Student Relations Newsletters, which will contain details of the online and on-campus sessions available for students to join.
The Academic Community of Excellence (ACE) Team, support you throughout your studies by providing guidance across academic subjects including, but not limited to academic style, referencing, computing skills and maths.
We support you in the following three ways:
- One to One Tutorials: taking place virtually or face-to-face all students are entitled to 30-minute tutorials to discuss your academic development. This is an opportunity to discuss any topics you need further guidance on as well as understanding how to navigate your virtual learning environment and course specific platforms. Tutorials can be booked via your Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), via email or phone.
- Online Workshops: ongoing support workshops take place on weekdays, evenings and weekends on a variety of academic topics. These drop-in sessions give you the opportunity to ask questions and discuss the answers with the ACE Team as well as interacting with other students. Workshops are regularly repeated so do not worry if you miss one. The full workshop schedule can be found on the ACE page of your VLE.
- Online Learning Materials: the team have developed a wide range of resources based on common questions and academic needs. This includes quick guides, video guide and PowerPoint presentations, all available for you to access when required. All support resources are accessible on the ACE page of your VLE.
Our friendly team are available six days a week (Monday to Saturday), please get in touch to make an appointment on the following details:
When you come to study with us, you receive in-depth advice and assistance with your career development. We understand that choosing a career path is a difficult challenge and we want you to achieve your ambitions and make the most out of your experiences.
Our careers service offers a range of support to ensure you are exposed to the best possible options for work-experience and career opportunities. Many of our services can be tailored to suit your career path of choice.
We can help you in the following ways:
- One-to-one Appointments: our experienced Career Consultants are here to offer you support face-to-face and virtually. Our appointments can take place throughout the day and in the evenings and are designed to fit around your studies. Appointments can cover topics including career planning, CV writing, mock interviews, cover letter and application reviews and more.
- Career Development Resources: throughout your studies, you will receive unlimited access to our Online Careers Portal, QA Higher Education Careers Online, full of resources to support you throughout your journey. You will also automatically be signed up to our weekly newsletter, which highlights current job opportunities, local events and networking events.
- Internship and Placement Service: our team also offer an Internship and Placement Service for students that require a placement/internship as part of their programme of study or to help develop your employability skills outside of your learning.
To find out more about the careers support available to you or to book an appointment, email the team on firstname.lastname@example.org or drop into the Careers Service office when you are next on campus.
Our library services are available to you at our Birmingham, Manchester and London campuses as well as wherever else you are in the world right now. Our friendly team are here to help you find the resources you need to excel in your studies.
Students studying with QA Higher Education are able to access the QA Higher Education libraries as well as your university partner library.
Our Library Team are on hand to offer support with finding textbooks, market data and research and accessing databases. Students are also able to use the library facilities as a pace to work in a quiet environment, print and photocopy work and borrow books.
There are a range of e-learning guides to support your studies on the Library Portal.
If you have any questions or would like to take to a member of the team, please contact us on the following:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 020 7656 8448
Whilst university is an exciting time, it doesn’t come without its challenges. Our Student Welfare Team are on hand to support you with any academic of personal matters that you may face throughout your studies.
We have put together a selection of helpful guides and resources, available to download to support you throughout your studies.
Mental health and well-being
- How to manage stress
- Emotional Resilience
- Talking and counselling therapy
- Keeping calm
- Control your anxiety
- Help yourself to self-esteem
- Stages of grief
- Staying safe online
Our friendly team are here to help, don’t be afraid to ask for support and advice – no matter how big or small you think your issue is. You can contact the team on:
- Phone: +44 (0)121 756 9578
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental Health Support
- Phone: 0203 921 0163
- Email: email@example.com