Do you wish to become a global business leader?
Our MSc Global Business Management has been designed to ensure that you build a sound theoretical understanding of business management through the development of skills such as project management, marketing and business development. You will have a clear grasp of how your new knowledge and skills may be used effectively within an organisational context.
China, Japan, India and Canada’s economies are among the world’s top 10, reflecting the fact that the majority of gross domestic product (GDP) is now generated outside of the USA and Europe (Prospects 2021). It is crucial to understand different management practices around the world in order to succeed in a business that operates on a global scale.
- Demonstrate well developed analytical skills by applying relevant theoretical frameworks to the analysis of real-life international business scenarios
- Absorb complex market information, make strategic decisions and communicate them effectively
- Exercise effective leadership and manage business operations successfully in a complex and changing global business environment
- Display a comprehensive understanding of relevant techniques applicable to your own research, demonstrating self-direction and originality
This course is delivered as part of a partnership between QA Higher Education and the University of Roehampton. The programme is validated by the University and delivered by QA Higher Education.
Teaching and Assessments
|Lectures, seminars, and workshops:||12 hours per week|
|Independent study:||30 hours per week|
|Assessment:||coursework and presentations|
To thrive in the digital era, you will need to think digitally – our blended learning approach allows you to do just that. You’ll get the best of both worlds with up to 50% of your course delivered online, building your confidence ready to succeed in a digital workplace.
You will receive the same number of live contact hours as face-to-face programmes and have a module specifically designed to cover learning and working digitally. A typical timetable may include:
- Daytime students: 2 days of tuition per week – your sessions will be on-campus for 1 of those days and the other day will take place live online.
- Evening and weekend blended timetables will typically follow one of the below patterns each week:
- 2 evenings live online and 1 weekend day face-to-face on-campus, or
- 2 evenings face-to-face on-campus and 1 weekend day live online
Visit our blended learning page for further information.
Response to Covid-19: our focus is on providing a safe and welcoming learning environment for our students. For the latest information, our response to Covid-19 and FAQs, please check the QA Higher Education website.
2:2 Honours Degree from a recognised university, or equivalent
English language requirements:
IELTS 6.5 overall with no less than 5.5 in any band, or equivalent
Please note: We are not currently able to sponsor international students to study this programme at University of Roehampton Centres therefore if you require sponsorship to study as an international student, this course will be unavailable to you.
Please note that if your qualifications are not in English, we might need certified translations in order to proceed with your application.
All modules are core and worth 20 credits, unless otherwise stated.
Possessing the correct knowledge and critical techniques are crucial in order to conduct research in business and management.
- Address the different kinds of research, especially scholarly, academic output and applied consultancy output
- Explore research methods for empirical research in the programme’s final project
The role of budgets and budgetary control are critically evaluated and alternatives beyond budgeting are explored to ensure the organisation’s strategic goals are achieved.
- Explore the use of accounting, budgeting and other information systems in managerial planning, decision-making and control.
- Learn to apply appropriate analytical tools and techniques, such as the balanced scorecard, key performance indicators, cost-volume-profit analysis and budget variance analysis.
- Explore non-financial forms of capital such as human, intellectual, social and natural capital, as well as financial capital into your construction of a balanced scorecard
In a world that is rapidly changing, systematic strategy analysis and development are crucial for managers to have enough information for making the best decisions at any given time.
- Gain clear understanding of Corporate Strategy and Corporate Social Responsibility in a global context, based on a leading textbook on Global Strategic Management.
- Learn how to apply the essential concepts and tools of strategy that will be useful in your career.
- Explore essential frameworks that will help you as a future manager to analyse the main factors relevant to the strategy-making process, with reference to both domestic and multinational companies
In order to thrive in an increasingly competitive and global environment an organisation must pay attention to its continual effectiveness and development. An underlying feature of a successful organisation is its ability to adapt to change.
- Explore the forces that drive change, including customers, markets and technology.
- Develop skills, knowledge and credibility to manage change effectively.
- Understand the consequences of not managing change efficiently.
- Gain insight into how issues like employee voice, individual and cultural differences as well as skills development are addressed as part of change management.
With the increase in International Trade, companies must consider wider and potentially more complicated issues in order to compete successfully in the global marketplace.
- Critically evaluate the main strategic decisions to be taken when establishing international trading solutions and evaluate the impact of global changes as they affect trade.
- Apply and integrate key international trade principles in order to design appropriate trading solutions in different international contexts
- Learn about legal constraints faced by foreign investors in specific industries and the political risk and financial aspects associated with international trade
Marketing strategies enable companies gain a competitive edge in a rapidly evolving, global market and subsequently help companies increase brand affinity and recall.
- Explore the areas of product innovation and services marketing
- Apply key marketing concepts and techniques including market orientation, segmentation, targeting and positioning, and the marketing mix to real-life situations
- Put your knowledge into practice by testing your own innovative strategic marketing solutions
You will emerge from this programme as responsible business leaders with well-developed analytical skills, clear perspectives on strategy and global business management, and highly effective communication and research skills, all of which are required by employers in both the private and public sectors.
Developing skills that are industry-focused and transferrable, you will be the ideal candidate for jobs in a variety of fields and sectors.
Competitive job roles this programme might open up for you:
|Marketing and Sales Director||Management Consultant||Marketing Associate Professional|
|Programme and Software Development Professional||Financial Manager||Management Accountant|
|Business Development Executive||Business Analyst||Project Manager|
- 2023/24: £8,250 (UK/Home)
Student finance through Student Finance England (SFE) is available for this course. For more information, please contact us.
You will need to have access to a laptop/PC required and reliable high-speed internet connection for your virtual classes and group assignments.
|Included in your tuition fees|
|Academic Support, including the Academic Community of Excellence (ACE) Team|
|Careers and Employability Service|
|Class hours (lectures, seminars and tutorials)|
|Facilities (computers, on-campus wi-fi, printers, vending machines)|
|Library resources, including a large online catalogue of books, journals and more|
|Social spaces (quiet study spaces, multi-faith rooms and spaces to socialise)|
|Student Support (Welfare Team, Finance Team and more)|
Tuition fees do not cover the cost of subject books, stationery, printing and photocopying costs, accommodation, living expenses, travel, hobbies, sports or any other extracurricular activities.
We recommend you allow an additional £180 per annum to buy some of the course texts which are around £30 each.
If you are ready to apply, please complete our online application form below and provide any required supporting documents. We will assess your application and provide you with a response. If you experience any issues, please contact email@example.com.
Next available intake: June 2023
|London||Not available||Apply for June|
|Birmingham||Not available||Apply for June|
|Manchester||Not available||Apply for June|
WANT TO ASK US A QUESTION?
If you have any questions regarding this programme, entry requirements, or studying with us, contact us using the form below.
Information for disabled applicants
At Roehampton, we welcome applications from disabled students and are committed to ensuring an equal and accessible application journey. Your application will be considered on an equal basis to all other applications. Please contact us if you require any assistance. This website is continually optimised to adhere to accessibility best practice guidelines; tools to assist users with specific accessibility requirements have also been provided. More information is available in our accessibility statement.