Response to COVID-19
Our focus is on providing a safe and welcoming learning environment for our students.
We have taken every measure, in line with Government guidance, to ensure continued access to learning. As part of our response to the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, we are planning to deliver this course through a mix of live online classes and face-to-face learning opportunities at our London Holborn, Birmingham and Manchester Centres.
We continue to follow Government guidance and any social distancing measures that may be in place. As restrictions ease, face-to-face opportunities will be increased where appropriate and it is safe for us to do so. For the latest information, our response to Covid-19 and FAQs, please check the QA Higher Education website.
The global business environment is currently undergoing a series of fundamental and far-reaching economic, social, technological and geopolitical changes. These changes have led to the emergence of a new and very different market reality that demands of managers very different patterns of thinking and behaviour.
Our MSc Global Business Management has been designed to ensure that graduates will have a sound theoretical grounding in the broad area of business and management and will develop a range of analytical and personal skills. You will have a clear understanding of how your new knowledge and skills may be used effectively within an organisational context.
We’re focused on a digital future and your degree plays an important part in preparing for this, helping you to achieve your employability goals and life ambitions.
We want to equip you with the key skills you need, enhancing your employability and preparing you for the next steps in your career. Blended working is now a permanent feature for many businesses globally and the experience you will gain by studying through a blended learning model will help you prepare for this, building your confidence ready for success in the digital workplace.
The number of live contact hours that you have with your lecturers remains the same
- You will have timetabled sessions delivered face-to-face on-campus, building relationships and engaging with your student community
- You will have timetabled live online sessions that will allow you to participate and ask questions throughout the session
- Support services can be accessed remotely and your campus is open so you can book in and use campus facilities and services face-to-face at a time that works for you, either on your timetabled on-campus days or outside these times
Our blended approach offers the best of both live online and on-campus learning opportunities, and your blended timetables will typically follow one of the below:
If you are a daytime student, you will typically have 2 days of tuition per week – your sessions will be on-campus for 1 of those days and the other day will take place live online.
Evening and weekend students
Evening and weekend blended timetables for this programme are:
- 2 evenings live online per week
- 4 weekend workshops per semester
Visit our blended learning page for further information.
On successful completion of the MSc Global Business Management students will be able to:
- Demonstrate well developed powers of analysis and synthesis; apply relevant theoretical frameworks to the analysis of real life international business scenarios; absorb complex market information, make strategic decisions and communicate them effectively
- Exercise effective leadership and manage business operations successfully in a complex and changing global business environment characterised by risk and uncertainty;
- Display a comprehensive understanding of relevant techniques applicable to your own research, demonstrating self-direction and originality in tackling and solving global business and management problems.
- Demonstrate the intellectual and transferable skills necessary for employment and career enhancement in international business management roles, such as the exercise of initiative, decision making, communication, personal responsibility, teamwork and leadership.
This course is ideal for students who want to:
- acquire the necessary managerial, theoretical, analytical and personal skillset to become a key asset within an organisation
- learn how to solve the real-life problems faced by businesses today
- experience the benefit of both live online and on-campus learning
- learn in a personalised and friendly small class environment
A Blended Learning Method
This degree is designed to encourage you to think digitally as well as plan and run businesses virtually. Therefore, the programme itself is to be delivered in blended mode (which means that up to 50% out of the classroom will be delivered digitally).
The combination of face to face, distance learning and blended learning interactions all rely on an active learning approach. Your degree will be “brought to life” via online activities, innovative exercises, case material, group/collaborative working and the use of formative tasks and feedback.
- You will be taught highly relevant and contemporary content lectures, seminars and workshops, totalling 12 hours per week
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning portal to prepare for classes and access resources
- You are expected to study independently 38 hours per week outside of contact hours
- Assessed through coursework only
- Benefit from being taught by a highly qualified faculty, experienced in delivering undergraduate programmes
- Class sizes are relatively small, providing a personalised and friendly learning environment
All modules are core and worth 20 credits, unless otherwise stated.
- Business Research Methods
- Finance Performance Management
- Global Strategic Management
- Leadership and Change Management
- Managing International Trade
- Strategic Marketing
- Supply Chain Strategy and Processes
And you will choose one of the following two modules:
- Consultancy Project (40 credits)
- Dissertation (40 credits)
Successful students will emerge from this programme as responsible business leaders with well-developed analytical skills, clear perspectives on strategy and global business management, and highly effective communication and research skills, all of which are required by employers in both the private and public sectors.
- 2022/23: £8,250 (UK/Home)
Postgraduate Loan is available for UK/Home students, for more information, please make an enquiry below.
Your tuition fees do not cover the cost of the following: subject books, stationery, printing and photocopying costs, accommodation, living expenses, travel, hobbies, sports or any other extracurricular activities.
General entry requirements:
- 2:2 Honours Degree from a recognised university, or equivalent
- IELTS 6.5 overall with no less than 5.5 in any band, or equivalent
Please note: We are not currently able to sponsor international students to study this programme at University of Roehampton Centres therefore if you require sponsorship to study as an International student, this course will be unavailable to you.
Please note that if your qualifications are not in English, we might need certified translations in order to proceed with your application.
If you are ready to apply, please complete our online application form below and provide any required supporting documents. We will assess your application and provide you with a response. If you experience any issues, please contact email@example.com.
Next application deadline: 21 September 2022
Apply for September 2022
|Daytime classes||Evening & weekend classes|
|Birmingham||Apply for daytime||Apply for evening/weekend|
|London||Apply for daytime||Apply for evening/weekend|
|Manchester||Apply for daytime||Not available|